skip to navigation menu
skip to main page content
Citizens Advice Newcastle logo
Benefits Advice

Benefits Advice

It's important to make sure that you get all the help that you're entitled to. Newcastle Citizens Advice can give you information on benefits and tax credits if you are working or unemployed, sick or disabled, a parent, a young person, an older person or a veteran.

We also also information about council tax and housing costs, national insurance, payment of benefits and problems with benefits.

Learn about the benefits you can get and how they are paid. If you are not happy with a decision, find out what you can do and how you can appeal. If you pay national insurance, find out which contributions pay for which benefits. Find out how volunteering can affect benefits.

Help provided with benefits and tax credit problems include:

  • Challenging a benefit decision
  • If a problem with National Insurance is affecting your benefits
  • Benefit overpayments
  • You think you're being accused of benefit fraud
  • If you’ve been invited to an interview under caution for benefit fraud
  • Complaining about the service you’ve received – benefits and tax credits

plus a whole lot more. Contact us today if you need help with benefits related issues.

skip to navigation menu
skip to main page content
Citizens Advice logo

©2004-2023 Citizens Advice Newcastle. All rights reserved.
Registered Address: 4th Floor, City Library, Charles Avison Building, 33 New Bridge Street West, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8AX. Registered in England number: 2114435. Registered under the Charities Act number: 1135396. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN: 617674

Disclaimer & Copyright | Privacy & Cookies | Partnerships | Support Us | Site Map

Disability Confident Employer logo
Mindful Employer logo
Living Wage Employer logo